Sea Glass Art Nova Scotia

There are several reasons why the hunt is so important to the sea glass seeker. Some find their Zen moments in the solitude and beauty of the hunt. Some collect to add color to their lives.
The history, mystery, and discovery of sea glass are also strong forces that draw collectors to shorelines around the world, looking for these pieces of physically and chemically weathered frosted glass.

Sign Up For Sea Glass News And Savings

Saturday, February 24, 2018

Sea Glass, Beach Combing Etiquette. Don't Be Rude !!

Sea Glass And Beach Combing Etiquette 
Don't Be Rude, Give A Girl Some Space!

Good morning fellow beach combers.
I never thought that I would consider writing an article on this topic but
here I am. lol 


This morning while I was at the beach minding my own business, I was startled by the sound of rocks under feet. I looked up and this couple that also searches the shoreline quite frequently were digging three feet away from me. Within a minute or two I had one on either side of me, digging in the same pile of rocks that I was digging in. I don't know about you but I have a method when I sift through the rocks and having someone dig right next to you will mess with your mo-jo, Am I Right?

They made sure to box me in and continued to dig as close to me as they could get. They were sure to dig in every pile of rocks within five feet of me for the next 20 minutes. Yes, I totally understand that it is a public beach and I have no rights over it. lol  This shoreline I am talking about, is a 5km stretch so there's no reason why they needed to be up right my nose.

I decided that I would start to make my way up the beach a bit and give us some space between us. Her husband was right on my heels. I lingered in a small pile for a minute and he stopped at the pile of rocks next to me. By this point I was starting to get annoyed and feeling quite crowded. Instead of flipping my lid I decided to double back the way I came. Within minutes the wife was on my heels again. I tried to pop over to different piles of rocks and every time I turned around she was there. Finally after 40 minutes of this nonsense, I packed it in.

This is extremely rude behavior. It ruined my morning. I haven't been able to get to the beach for some ME time in weeks and I was really looking forward to it. I am super bummed out that this was how I started my morning!! I hit the beach before I had my first coffee. That is how excited I was to head over there this morning!!

So here I am sitting on my couch with my coffee, sorting through some of my past treasures instead!!

When you take your next beach combing stroll, please remember people need their space. Some people need the beach to decompress from a stressful week. What happens if you disrupt a decompression??? You run the risk of an explosion. lol

Not to mention digging withing 3 feet of a stranger while there is 5km of seashore to roam is RUDE. Respect other people space!! Head and personal!!


8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I am glad I am not the only one who feels this way !! :)

      Delete
  2. I really hate to admit this, but if I had moved and they followed, I would have gone a certain type of crazy that can only be attributed as ‘postal’.
    I can’t/don’t/won’t tolerate people in my space. Ugh!
    Anyway. Try my method next time and see if they don’t quickly walk away. Lol.
    Love your blog and will be back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha!! Usually that is how I would react, but I was in a crumby mood yesterday and I knew if I started telling them about themselves, I would've taken out my frustrations on them, and it would've been all bad! lol I took the high road. lol
      Next time I'll be throwing elbows!! ;)

      Delete
  3. You held on to your integrity whilst they continued to be rude , but it was so bad they took the pleasure out of your Me time. I too find the beach as a real time to unwind and refresh and take pleasure in wandering the shoreline for the seas treasures. Don't worry karma will visit those people and keep being the lovely person you are. I hope your next beach visit us much more pleasurable and peaceful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I run into the same thing when shelling. It's annoying to have an entire beach open and people are shelling right up my butt. What's up with that?

    I will mention this tho - the last time that happened I started talking to the lady and we ended up having a nice conversation and I left with a new friend instead of being annoyed. So sometimes it can turn out for the good. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was very rude and disrespectful of them to do that to you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Next time they come near you start coughing and sneezing on them and acting sick and don’t cover your mouth. Be a little disgusting and I bet they go away. Sorry that happened to you. People are clueless these days. Beachcombing is my therapy.🙂🐚🐚

    ReplyDelete

Shop Etsy